How to look after your #jewellery?
Today we’ll help you to understand, what’s the best way to take care of like ours.
#Plating is a process where a layer of #gold is placed on to coat the surface of another metal. As the jewellery is not 100% solid gold, extra care should be taken to maximise its lifespan. To decrease the chances of fading out, here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your gold plated jewellery.
* Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold-plated jewellery.
* Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewellery and cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your gold plated jewellery when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work and when swimming.
* After every use, clean your plated jewellery with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewellery using a soft jewellery cloth, helps restore shine. Do *not* use a polishing cloth as this will strip away the plating.
* If your jewellery needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft cloth. Stay away from jewellery cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will make your gold plated jewellery tarnish more quickly.
* To avoid scratches, wrap your jewellery in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewellery box separate from other types of jewellery you have. Small zip-locks work great.
* Store like items together. Do not store gold plating and silver plating together. The different metals will cause each other to tarnish, fade and/or turn colours. Have different storage places for different colours of metals like gold and rose gold. Store in a dry area.
Hope, that was helpful. Till next time.
Your Onuka Grace Team xx